Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The first snow

Today felt like it was the first big snowfall in Boston this year. It got me feeling all nostalgic as I grew up in a place with rather cold winters to me there's always been something nice about the first big snow of the year. Even if it's cold out and I start to feel it's snowing too much, I still think there's a lot to like about snow. Now that I'm thinking about it here are a few things I think are likeable about the flakey white stuff: 
*It's nice to see things blanketed in white Sometimes when there's a lot of snow and the wind used to blow it around my house when I was growing up it seemed like we were surrounded by an ocean which seemed pretty cool to me at the time. 
*I still like a good snowball fight now and then it's one of the few times I feel slightly agressive. 
 *It's fun to make snowmen. When I was little and feeling more artistic than usual I'd go all out and put scarves and hats and sticks for hands in the snowmen. They wound up looking pretty funny.:) *Kids get snowdays! when I was really young and it snowed a lot we'd get a day or two off school. Because I lived in Michigan this happened only when there was quite a bit of snow on the ground and s my sister,brother and I a day to enjoy the snow just a bit more than usual!
*After a while snow goes away long enough that I can still like it when it comes back the next winter-at least for the first snow of the season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment