Sunday, January 26, 2014

A poem for The Beatles!

Since the Beatles are getting a Lifetime Achievement Award it's got me thinking of their songs. In their honor I've composed a poem as a result. (Couldn't resist!) Congratulations to all of them!

Here's to The Beatles

I'm grateful to the Beatles for many things
Not just because I like the music but because of how it feels 
When things are blackest I can hear them encouraging me
With Here Comes the Sun and its theme that everything will come right again
And also for reminding me It's ok to think of Yesterday but hope tomorrow is a better day

I like the Beatles for their Imagination and for sparking mine
(When I was smaller I used to wish a Yellow Submarine was somewhere I could live.)
Still, whenever I hear Hey Jude I can't get it out of my head
Lucy and her Sky With Diamonds is of course just as fun (and addictive)
And I still want to walk down Penny Lane one day-just to say I did

 Thanks to the Beatles I know that when I've had a difficult week
 I can be  glad there aren't 8 Days (in) A Week!
And when I'm frustrated the Beatles remind me that I only need to shout Help!
After all, I can always  Get By With a Little Help From My Friends
Somehow I know We Can Work it Out whatever it is

Like the Beatles I still firmly believe that All You Need is Love
Because love is a gift From Me To You
And wherever you are I hope people always Want to Hold Your Hand
As for me, I have always known that
As long as love exists I Feel Fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment