Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy National Granola Bar day!

I have to say that one of my favorite foods is granola bars! For those who don't know (and everyone should know in my humble opinion) a granola bar is a snack made with oats nuts and usually raisins and chocolate chips all stuck together in a wonderful easy to eat bar! I love them so I was delighted to find out that today is apparently National Granola Bar Day! I found out the guy who is credited with creating the first granola bar, Stanley Mason is also famous for creating disposable diapers, squeezable ketchup bottles and dental floss dispensers. I don't know how much I like the idea of granola bars being associated in any way with diapers but at least disposable diapers are useful and he did create the squeezable ketchup bottle which has saved me (and I suspect quite a few people) the trouble of shaking those damn glass ketchup bottles! I also found out that he went to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The fact that he went to MIT isn't surprising because anyone who can create granola bars not to mention disposable diapers and really useful ketchup bottles must be wicked smaht!


Picture from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Granola_bar.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment