Monday, January 27, 2014

It's Mozart's birthday!

Fun fact, Mozart's full name is/was Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart and he was born today in 1756.   I'm  rather glad that people just ended up calling him Mozart as the rest of his name is a bit of a mouthful. Anyway, I do like his music. I think it's lovely that such beautiful things could come out of a little boy's head. One of my favorite pieces by him is called Ave Verum Corpus. It's actually a much older hymn that he set to music. I think it's beautiful and rather soothing. I also like another piece by him called Requiem Aeternam. I realize that's part of a funeral but I still find it motivating. There are parts that sound rather triumphant. Whenever I listen to it, it makes me think that there's always a chance for triumph even in difficult circumstances. So happy 258th Mozart!


No comments:

Post a Comment