Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Today is my dad's birthday and so I thought I'd share my favorite memory of time spent with my dad. One of my earliest memories is of riding in an old British sports car car with my dad to get doughnuts. Every so often when I was about five or six my dad would take me out in his TR3 car which he only took me out in on those specific days because it made getting doughnuts more special. I remember liking how the wind went through my hair and how I felt like I was a bird. We always used to go to this doughnut shop which I remember specifically because it had chairs that I'd spin around in until I felt giddy. Then we'd get the doughnuts and take them home to my mum and siblings. It may not seem like that big of an event (or series of events) but I still remember it because it was fun and it was something my dad and I loved to do together. Even though I live apart from my family I still remember that time and I feel closer to them. So happy birthday dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment