Friday, February 7, 2014

Home should be a little bit of Eden

I met someone today from Guyana (which is on South America's north coast for those who are geographically challenged like myself) who described his homeland as the Garden of Eden. I have to admit that I'm inclined to agree with him as the pictures I've seen of Guyana do look really beautiful. Even if one doesn't live in a place like Guyana I still feel like a home is somewhere that should be like a sanctuary as Eden was supposed to be. Growing up, I remember thinking of my home as somewhere where I knew that no matter what happened that day, when I came home to my family I'd feel safe and loved. While I live away from my family now, I still see my apartment as a peaceful place. I hope everyone can think of their home as a similar peaceful place and in that sense, a little bit of Eden too.

This is the Kaieteur Falls in Guyana-I thought it was really pretty.  Photo source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GuyanaKaieteurFalls2004.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment