Sunday, February 23, 2014

How I learned to appreciate country music

One of my friends was giving me a lift home today and it became apparent that she's a big fan of country music. I'm not always a fan of it (I guess I get that from my Dad who says that if you sing a country song backwards, the wife comes back to the cowboy, his pickup truck doesn't break down and his dog comes back. No offense to country music lovers.) That aside, I found that the songs that we listened to weren't bad. Although it didn't play on the radio during the car trip with my friend, I do like the song "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw (listen here). If you haven't heard it, it's a man singing about what he'd do if he was told his last days were coming more quickly than expected. I like the song's message of the need to live life to the fullest. In many ways listening to country music was a bit of living life to the fullest for me because it was something I didn't do a lot and I'm glad I had the new experience. Plus it's fun that a friend shared that with me because doing something seems so much nicer to me when it's done with a friend. So here's a toast: To new music, new experiences and good friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment