Saturday, February 1, 2014

National Freedom Day!

Today in 1865 Abraham Lincoln signed the13th Amendment outlawing slavery and it became law. The idea that there is a National Freedom Day got me thinking about all the things I'm free to do (that I actually like/would like to do.) I've recorded a list of some of the things I thought of. Since I think celebrations should always be fun, the list below is created in that spirit!

Things I feel glad I'm free to do
  • Travel
  • Wear clothes I like
  • Eat egg rolls!
  • Listen to music I like (such as the song below)
  • Get my ears pierced (still haven't done it yet!)
  • Sleep late on weekends
  • Read books -still haven't finished Les Miserables by the way
  • Watch guilty pleasure shows like Downton Abbey/Scandal
  • Protest about something (haven't figured out what issue to get a bee in my bonnet about yet but when I do I'll protest about it!)
  • Write this blog! 






No comments:

Post a Comment