Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic sports I'd like to be able to compete in

As the Olympics is happening, it got me thinking of sports I'd like to compete in if I had amazing athletic ability. Here are some Olympic sporting events (some of which aren't Olympic sports anymore but I still think they're cool)  I'd like to take part in (from both the winter and summer Olympics)
  • The Luge: I just like the idea of jumping in a big sled and going down a slide at a bgililion miles an hour. In Michigan where I'm from there's a big sledding hill (well it seemed big enough when I was little) by our house and my siblings and I would rush up it and slide down-it's the closest I've come to a luge but it'll do.  I  I realize the luge is rather dangerous especially because steering might be a problem for me but I figure sometimes living a little dangerously can be rather fun!
  • High Diving: I like jumping off diving boards. I don't have a lot of depth perception so I don't always know quite how high up I am and I figure if one doesn't know how high up one is then it can't be so frightening. Plus, I like the way people who are really good at diving can do all those cool back flips and such. I think that would be fun.
  • Figure skating-it just looks so pretty. Plus, I'd love to learn how to spin like a top without going giddy!
  • Fencing-I always wanted to fight Jack Sparrow!
  • Tug of war-yes it was an Olympic sport once. I like a good tug of war, especially with a sheepdog my family once had-he'd beat any Olympian hands down!
To the people who are Olympians if you read this I wish you the very best! I may not be the most athletic but I'll endeavor to be brave and strong like you.




No comments:

Post a Comment