Thursday, February 6, 2014

Things I just plain don't understand

It's amazing how there's so much to learn and so much that leave me absolutely befuddled.  (By the way I really like the word befuddled I've decided, it has a strange and yet fun ring to it.) Anyway, as I was saying, there are a whole bunch of things that I can't seem to figure out so I thought I"d write them down as incentive to figure out why things are the way they are (or alternately get someone nice to explain things!) So here's my random list of things I just don't understand.
  • Why is eggplant called eggplant? I mean, it doesn't look like an egg and it doesn't taste like an egg either and it doesn't have an egg attached to it in any physical way. Plus, I have yet to see a chicken lay an eggplant, or a chicken come out of an eggplant for that matter. (I'll be really impressed if that ever happens.) The only thing I can think of is that someone must have just decided that calling something "plant" wasn't enough so they stuck the word "egg" in the name to make it slightly more interesting.
  • Why more things aren't catered to the needs of left handed people?! The other day I managed the amazing feat of finding a birthday card for my dad (who like me and all my siblings, is left handed) that opens to the left for left handed people! (I'm very excited about this!)
  • Why is it that the musical alphabet stops at the letter "G." There are 88 keys on a piano so I'm sure that they could have used up all  26 letters of the alphabet but I guess stopping at G makes things less complicated but I still think they could have at least gone up to M-it just has a nice sound to it!
  • What is the purpose of a feather duster if it doesn't live up to its name? I have yet to see someone dust a feather. 
  • Why my jar of peanut butter has a warning sign under its nutrition facts saying it "contains peanuts." 
Despite the fact that so many things remain inexplicable to me, one thing that has always somehow made sense to me is love, because it's everywhere and it never fails to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment