Thursday, February 20, 2014

Things I'd fight for

If I were to take up a cause and fight for it, I could get all moral and say I'd fight for the rights of people with disabilities or I'd fight against world hunger or something like that (and yes I'd really fight for those things). However I thought it would be interesting to find out about odd things that have been banned  that I could  fight  for. The things below are worth fighting for to me!
  • Scrabble was banned in Romania during the reign of Nicolae Ceausescu. I happen to be rather good at Scrabble, if it was banned I'd seriously make my own scrabble board and letters and start playing it outside the house of whoever banned it. (Yes I'd probably get arrested but at least I'd have something to do in jail-providing I could teach the other prisoners to play it with me and I wasn't in solitary confinement.)
  • The book Where the Wild Things Are- I really liked this kid's book! It was banned in the 1960s. How monstrous!
  •  Happy Meal toys- I realize that it's trying to stop kids from eating fast food but the toys were just so fun when I was little.
  • Lemonade stands are banned in some states because they're "unlicensed enterprises"-gosh people really are out to make kids' lives less fun. Plus it takes away a parent's learning tool-when parents tell their kids "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" the kid could fire back "but only if you have a license to do so!" 
  • A New Jersey school banned hugging as a violation of personal space. Why ban hugging? I'm almost tempted to go start a random hug event outside the school. 
So if you're fighting for any of the more current bans to be lifted I salute you! Keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment