Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Way to bounce back!

I love to hear when people bounce back after going through something really hard. I heard of two stories today where people who have gone through a lot in a fairly short amount of time still bounce back. While watching the Ellen show I saw an interview Ellen did with a family whose son was found to have a massive tumor in his brain. Six weeks after undergoing 4 brain surgeries and 6 weeks of 33 radiation treatments the boy went skiing!



I also read about a woman who, while training to take part in a triathlon,  had been hit by a car driven by an unlicensed driver. It was feared that she'd never walk again. The next year, with the help of her boyfriend who pushed her wheelchair through a half-marathon, the woman walked across the finish line. After a lot of training this past year, the woman was able to walk the whole half marathon on her own last Sunday. (To read her story click here.)

These stories make me think that as long as people keep going I don't think there's a limit to the awesome things people can accomplish, which is one of the many things I love about humanity. Hooray for the resilience of people! Keep rocking on!


No comments:

Post a Comment