Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Real Life Sister Act!-Even nuns can Rock

I love the movie Sister Act with Whoopi Goldberg ( if you haven't seen it Whoopi plays a night club singer who I think witnesses a murder and gets placed in a nunnery as a sort of witness protection thing. In the process she teaches the nuns to sing gospel/contemporary music in order to reach out to the public in a bigger way.) Anyway, I was really excited today when I saw this video clip of this nun in Italy who went on The Voice Italia and sang "No One" by Alicia Keys. To me this nun was an example of how if you have a gift it should be celebrated no matter who you are or what your job/vocation might be. It made me smile because it was unexpectedly cool and really fun to watch! (P.S.  for those who don't speak Italian click the CC button at the bottom of the Youtube clip screen and it translates everything for you.)



No comments:

Post a Comment