Sunday, March 16, 2014

Closing Ceremony of the Sochi Paralympics

So comes to an end the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi. I liked the ceremony and the fact that it was Tetris themed. I especially the ceremony's message "I'm possible." As to the ceremony's message, it was presented in what I felt was a rather nice, with one of the Paralympians climbing up on a rope solely using his arms to put an apostrophe between the "I" and "m" to change the word "impossible" to "I'm possible" (see below.) To me, everyone has so many possibilities in life and so much potential. This is something that I think is especially true of people with disabilities which is why I'm really glad the Paralympics exists. It taps into that potential and showcases it on a world stage. I hope that maybe some time in the future the Paralympics will be even more widely broadcast during evening TV like the Olympics was so that even more people have more time to watch it and see the awesome things the athletes do while competing in their events. I want more than anything for everyone to believe that anything is possible. I'd like even more people to watch the Paralympics because everything in it shows that people can accomplish anything they want to do, no matter what challenges they face.In keeping with the Paralympics' focus on spirit and motion,  whatever your goals are in life, I hope that you keep moving towards them and that you do so with a lot of spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment