Sunday, March 2, 2014

Prizes I wish/am glad they had/have at the Oscars

I'm all for giving out awards for things and since its Oscar Awards night I thought about some awards I wish they'd give out.
  •  Best humanitarian actor/actress. I'm glad they have this award! I like actors like Bono whose done a lot of humanitarian work in general  and actresses like Charlize Theron who designed an outreach project to help combat AIDS in Africa. I like the fact that they're letting their star power shine to do something good which is refreshing!
  • Best dressed-let's face it, really the only reason I watch the Oscars is to see all the pretty dresses
  • Best photobomb-I don't know exactly win people started "photobombing" but it can be really funny!
  • Best short acceptance speech-a good speech is a short speech.
  • Funniest acceptance speech-it's always good to laugh!
  • Best motivational acceptance speech- I heard a speech by someone named Gerda Weissmann Klein  (click here to watch.) I liked how she said that "all of you who know the joy of freedom are winners."
  • Best thank you-I really like it when people thank their parents during their speeches. 
  • Best Oscar moment-I think Adrien Brody kissing Halle Berry would be up there on that list.
  • Best red carpet interview-I never knew June Squibb was a stripper on Broadway. (Don't know quite why that's amusing to me, I guess it's just the way she described it.) Anyway, amusing interviews are fun.
  • Best presenter/emcee-they really make the show better!

No comments:

Post a Comment