Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spirit in Motion!

The Paralympics motto is "Spirit in Motion" and according to the Paralympics website, the Paralympic symbol of red, green, and blue Agitos (half disc-like symbols) are red, blue and green because those are three colors that are in some part of most of the world's flags. I especially like the fact that the 3 symbols come to a central point which is meant to symbolize the movement of athletes to come together to compete. I like the motto and symbols because I think people with spirit regardless of their circumstances as long as people can work together, there's nothing that people cannot accomplish. The motto of moving people is apparently meant to also show that Paralympians inspire people and are strong willed. I like to think that, among the good things about having a disability is that people with disabilities have a unique ability to inspire people and as long as it's inspiring someone for the better I think that's a wonderful thing. I'm forever inspired by Paralympians as their strength and courage does move me and it makes me want to be better in doing whatever it is that I want to do. So in part to honor them, I've now decided to have motion and lots of spirit in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment