Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Why I'm still excited by Paddington Bear



They're making a movie about Paddington Bear and I'm excited! For those of you who don't know of Paddington Bear, he's a bear that travels from "Deepest Darkest Peru" to London and winds up in Paddington Station in London where he is found by the Brown family. I loved the stories about Paddington Bear when I was younger and the TV series that sprung out of it.  I still like it because I think there's a part of me that just stubbornly won't grow up (I hope it stays that way) and that part of me still likes stories like Paddington bear. Since, as I said, I was very excited today when I found out they're making a movie about Paddington that's coming out in December (yes it is a long way off but I'm still excited!), below are some things I like best about Paddington.
  • Paddington Bear loves marmalade-he has good taste in jam!
  • When the Brown family finds Paddington, he has a tag on his suitcase saying "wanted on  voyage" which to me meant he'd get to have all sorts of adventures and trips.
  • I liked how when he's found Paddington has a tag pinned to him saying "Please look after this bear. Thank you" Perhaps it sounds bad but I liked that sign-to me it meant someone wanted to try and make sure that he was always taken care of.
  • He always wears a hat -very proper like (he got it from his Uncle Pastuzo of course).
  • Even if he makes mistakes his heart is in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment