Thursday, March 20, 2014

Yes there is an International Day of Happiness!

On March 20th 2012 the UN declared March 20th the International Day of Happiness recognizing happiness as a goal in the lives of human beings. It was stated that: " Social, economic and environmental well-being are indivisible. Together they define gross global happiness.”  Although I like to think every day is a day worth celebrating happiness, I also like the fact that the UN uses "gross" to define happiness (gross meaning nothing taken out) I think if you're truly happy nothing is taken away from that feeling of happiness and maybe that's a matter of not letting anything take away from that happiness. Maybe people aren't wildly happy all the time (although being wildly happy is kind of fun in small doses). However, I figure if I can maintain a level of happiness (enough to smile and laugh quite a bit each day) then I'm doing pretty well. So I hope today was especially happy for everyone and that you could celebrate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment