Tuesday, April 1, 2014

An appeal to all those who enjoy hugging and being hugged



My birthday is coming up and for it I would like to do something a little bit out of the ordinary! I want to restart up my Need a Hug? campaign.  It basically involves going out and giving hugs to anyone who wants one. to celebrate my birthday. I'd like to do the Need A Hug? event on April 12th from 1-3 PM or whenever we feel like stopping. I'd do it in the open space outside the Prudential Center's Gucci store on Boylston Street in Boston. 

I started doing this for my birthday in 2010 based off a campaign I saw in a Youtube video (see below). Although the event in the video is called "Free Hugs" I named my event Need a Hug just to be different.  That year my friends and I gave hugs for 3 hours! It really seemed to mean a lot to people. One guy came up to us and thanked us "for being human in this concrete jungle." Another woman came up and said she'd quit smoking that week and was feeling rotten and being hugged by us made her feel better. In short, we got such a great response that I did the event again in 2011 and 2012 . It's really fun and I had a blast the times that I've done it. (The only reason I didn't do it last year was because I wasn't good about advance planning it. If you'd like to participate by giving hugs please let me know by commenting on this post. Or if you'd like to be hugged please stop by the Prudential between 1 and 3PM on the 12th. I want to get a lot of people involved!

I figure birthdays are days to be happy and to see people smile and feel loved would be the best birthday present ever! So it would mean a lot to me if you could help by spreading the word about this event if you know people in Boston who might be interested! Thanks ever so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment