Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter memories

It's Easter again
And I'm reminded of days past
When hunting for eggs was fun
As was eating the chocolate in them too
Somehow I liked believing that a bunny left it for me

I remember because my birthday was by Easter
My dad dressed up as a chicken
(The costume shop had run out of rabbit costumes)
What I like most about the story is he was willing to suffer a few kids chasing him
To make me laugh and make my birthday happy too

I remember big dinners with my family
And funny cards and maybe church too
I liked getting all dressed up for that
It's always nice to look all shiny and cool
After all Easter is about making things new

What I remember most about Easters
Is that like many holidays, it's a day about love and friends and family
And because if you're reading this I count you as a friend
If you celebrate Easter I hope it's been a happy one
And that it included a chocolate egg or two!







No comments:

Post a Comment