Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Everyone matters to me!

I saw this organization called Everyone Matters (http://www.everyonemattersday.com/) and they have declared April 2nd as Everyone Matters Day. The organization's mission is: "Raising awareness that EVERYONE is entitled to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be allowed to be exactly who they are – including ourselves." 

I really identify with this mission because I have a lot of respect for people and the goodness I see in humanity on a daily basis. I've come to see how there is greatness in everyone which is yet another reason why I believe everyone deserves to be appreciated. .I started writing this blog because I want people to feel even more appreciated and happy. It really all started with a string of e-mails. At one time,  a friend of mine was really down because although she works very hard and for long hours, she felt like no one appreciated or respected her at workplace. I started writing her e-mails on a regular basis to show her how she's a great person and has so much to offer and even if it's not always recognized at her workplace, it's recognized by me and all her friends. These messages seemed to help my friend feel good and so I thought if it helped her, then happy messages might help others as well. 

I write this blog and I'll continue to write in it because people matter to me very much.  To those who read this, I  send you my best wishes and dedicate this quote to you that I  like a lot:

 “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.

HAPPY EVERYONE MATTERS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment