Sunday, April 27, 2014

If I could be in one of those good old movies...

I love movies especially ones that are older (e.g. made before the 2000s) and it got me thinking about movies I'd like to have been in. I wrote the poem because it's fun to imagine about things. Who knows, maybe one day I'll really make it to the big screen but until then at least I can dream and dreams are nice things to have.

If I Could Be In An Old Movie

If I could be in an old movie
An "oldie but goodie" of course
I'd love to dance and sing in the rain
Wear ruby slippers and fly with E.T.
And fight with pirates and beat them too!

I think it would be fun to save the world with James Bond
Or realize how wonderful life can be alongside George Bailey
Maybe even eat breakfast with Audrey at Tiffiany's
All the while solving one of Hitchcock's mysteries
And riding round in mini coopers with Michael Caine, stealing stuff in Italy

Now we come to cartoons-my favorite kind of flick
I'd like to be the mouse Jerry because he's smart and quick
I wouldn't mind teaching the Beast to dance or listen with Mary Poppins to penguins singing
It would also be nice to be sprinkled with fairy dust and fly away thinking of good things
And get caught up in Micky Mouse's antics.

Even though it would be fun to do all the things detailed avove
At least with movies, I've found it's more fun to watch than take part
And as so many characters are close to my heart
It's nice to know that they've lasted this long and will keep on being enjoyed
For so many generations to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment