Saturday, April 19, 2014

The adult and child in me


Now that I'm an "adult"
I can eat popcorn for dinner just for the heck of it!
And stay up til past 11 wow!
I finally got my ears pierced (at a tattoo parlor no less)!
Even though I didn't get a tattoo
Just the idea I got it done there makes me feel rebellious too.

I'm  so excited about all that but not quite sure why
All I know is it's I like to think I have a rebellious streak albeit tamer than most
But that streak has helped me do things and have more adventures
Than I ever thought I would
But there's also a part of me that can't help growing older
And maybe that balances me out

The part of me that's older
Does like to go to bed early and eat healthly
And I really respect my parents for emphasizing the value of those things to me
The older part of me just wants to work hard and be good and make them proud
That part quiets the rebellious me because if I have all the fun at once
There's less left for me to to look forward to in times to come

So the older and the younger part of me fit together rather nicely
And I hope I stay both young and old as long as need be
The little girl in me helps me to see the fun in life and grab it
And the older part of me helps to keep me balanced
I can still be a rebel with my feet on the ground
And because at least today I want to be good, I'm going to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment