Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm slowly but surely aquiring a green thumb!

I've managed to keep another plant alive for longer than I expected! I received a rose 2 weeks ago now because I joined a singing group and they gave each new member a flower. I have managed to keep this rose alive for 2 weeks which is a big deal for me because it makes me feel good that I can keep something outside of myself alive for an extended period of time. I know it's not a whole garden but I like that there are flowers and growing plants around me because I can look at them and smile. Seeing them alive makes me feel more alive. I'm considering getting a flower box or something similar now that it's spring it feels like there should be as many flowers around me. Never underestimate the power of a flower!



No comments:

Post a Comment