Saturday, May 17, 2014

Things I hope every kid gets....

Today in 1620 the first merry-go-round was seen at a fair in Philippapolis, Turkey. Thinking of merry-go-rounds suddenly gets me feeling all nostalgic. I used to really like riding on those things, getting deliciously dizzy and riding on a funny colored horse with my mum holding on to me to make sure I never fell off so even if I was going round like crazy I still felt safe. It was a lot of fun. This got me thinking about things that made me feel happiest as a kid and below are some things  I hope all kids get to do/have at some point in their childhoods. Specifically:
  • I hope every kid has at least one soft toy to cuddle, I just think it's nice for a kid to have something to hug whenever they want.
  • I hope every kid has many people in their lives that love them dearly. 
  • I hope every kid gets to eat at least one ice cream sundae, they are truly marvelous things.
  • I hope every kid has someone read them a bedtime story, it always made me feel good.
  • I hope every kid has someone to tuck them in at night. I always felt a nice sense of safety when my parents did that.
  • I hope every kid watches one of the older Disney movies, just because they're fun- they also made me feel happy.
  • I hope every kid watches Sesame Street (or a similar program)-it's fun and educational and I hope it goes on forever. 
  • I hope every kid has teachers who believe in them and their potential and teachers that go out of their way to help kids succeed. I was lucky to have many such teachers and I think that I wouldn't be where I am today without the support of these teachers and my parents.
  • I hope every kid plays a sport. It's fun!
  • I hope every kid gets to ride on a merry-go-round!

No comments:

Post a Comment