Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy Solstice!

It's the longest day of the year! I'm excited because it means extra hours of sunshine. (As it happens to be a beautiful day today as well!) I can always do with a bit more sunshine, even if it means the day is hot, sunshine to me is like promise that (even when things are good) there are better things to come. I once went to Stonehenge in England the day before the summer Solstice  and there were already a group of modern druids there. I'm rather glad they celebrate the sun. It's bright and cheery and it gives light-I think that's a nice a thing as any to celebrate! By that logic, every day can be cause for celebration when the sun shines and even it's not immediately there, there's always hope it will come out soon. With those things in mind my life seems better!

No comments:

Post a Comment