Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hard work pays off!

I'm happy to report that I've recently been listed as one of the authors of an article that's published in an academic journal. I realize I've "published" a lot of things myself through this blog but to have my name in print like that makes me feel particularly happy. In a previous job, I was one of a group of researchers on a project examining focus groups on women's opinions on the latest changes in mammography screening guidelines. I'm writing about this article now because I just found out very recently that the article had been published. I just feel proud that I was part of research that might help others in terms of getting better care for women with breast cancer. The fact that it got published means a lot to me. I hope everyone has the opportunity to have their work recognized or at least can stop and take a few minutes to feel proud about something they've worked hard for and celebrate that work. I hope you also have people to celebrate with you when you do that great work-it makes the achievement seem that much better!  Even though I might not ever know about the great things you'll do, I still feel proud of you and everyone who reads this just because I believe everyone has the ability to do so much good, which keeps me believing that no matter what might happen, there is always hope for us. As for me, I'd like to publish more and someday I hope to be the lead author on an article. I think it would be cool.

If you are interested in reading the article I've discussed in this post please follow this link: .http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/13/1169

No comments:

Post a Comment