Sunday, June 8, 2014

Maggie gets an accent unexpectedly

 I have finally found something that I can do without knowing that I do it.  Yesterday I was in the car with some friends who were driving me home and my mum called. I answered and just told her I was on my way home and would call her back. When I finished the call my friends were staring at me and said that I had suddenly acquired a very British accent when talking to my mum (as she's British) and it disappeared just as abruptly when I got off the phone and started talking to them again. It just seemed so funny to me that I didn't notice the change. I like the fact that I have that accent even if it only comes in short spurts. It reminds me that my family is always with me, even in the way I speak. I hope that everyone has the opportunity to find out something nice about themselves that's unexpected like that. To me those discoveries make life more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment