Monday, June 2, 2014

Unexpected gifts

Today I was given two unexpected gifts. First, I was given a scarf and  although I was given it as it's part of the uniform for the Liberty Belle Chorus I joined recently, a choir member had an extra scarf that she said she didn't need so she gifted it to me so I wouldn't have to buy one. It was a nice surprise because the scarf is pretty and I didn't expect to get one today. Also, another member of the choir who had traveled abroad recently (and who I'd asked if she could bring me back a postcard) brought me back not one, but 3 cards along with  a magnet and chocolate. All of that has been a wonderful start to this week. It's unexpected things like that that make life seem so much better because they are such lovely surprises. In this case, being given those things reemphasizes to me how kind and generous people can be. I'm forever grateful that I've made so many good friends in the chorus (including my friend Kathryn in the picture below). Being part of the group is like a gift in itself as it's so much fun and we make beautiful music together as a barbershop chorus. If you would like to have the chorus perform for you, please go to this website: http://libertybellechorus.org/hire-us.html.

Me wearing my new scarf taking a selfie with my good friend Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment