Monday, June 30, 2014

Yes I can light a fire in a time of need

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?"-Anonymous
This quote resonates with me because the last time I tried to light a fire I did use up a whole box of matches but as I remember the fire did get lit in the end. (In a fireplace of course with lots of people around me to make sure I didn't burn anything down!) Now you know one more thing about me -I can indeed light a fire even if it does take me a while to do it. If a disaster ever strikes and I manage to get hold of a whole box of matches, at the very least I am confident I can (eventually) light a fire! There's hope for me yet! Even if it takes me a while to start a fire, it's comforting to be told by Smokey the Bear that only I can prevent forest fires!

No comments:

Post a Comment