Monday, July 14, 2014

Bastille Day memory

As it's Bastille day, I thought I'd share how one year my family had a very authentic experience with this French national holiday. My family and I happened to be in France on Bastille day one year as my mum has some friends who we were visiting at the time. I remember that we were in Paris and they had  shut down the main street. They had this big tablecloth stretched out up and down the street and people just randomly sat down on it and had a picnic. There were street performers there and live music and everyone had a lovely time. I'm glad I got to witness that holiday because to me there's something nice about people being patriotic. I like holidays like that because it seems to bring people closer-literally in the case of that Bastille day. I never forgot it because everyone was so happy and that happiness was infectious. So to honor that day again, I say hooray for France (Vive la France)! Although I must say I am rather glad the revolution is long gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment