Wednesday, August 20, 2014

An overture I love

the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky was performed today for the first time in Moscow in 1882. Brief history lesson-the overture was meant to remind people of how Russia defended itself from Napoleon Bonaparte's invading forces. I like it because it's so triumphant and it makes me feel whatever "enemies" in the form of obstacles I might face, can be overcome as long as I work hard. Plus, it's nice to listen to something triumphant when I'm working hard, it makes things more fun. This piece especially is nice because it reminds me of fireworks which I also like because they are bursts of color and light. As long as there is color and light to make beautiful things in the world, I know that things will somehow eventually  be all right.


No comments:

Post a Comment