Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Birthday to Louis Armstrong

It's Louis Armstrong's birthday and to celebrate the day of his birth I've written a list of songs here that he sang that make me feel good inside.

  • You Go To My Head - I find it to be very relaxing and rather pretty. (Listen here)
  • The Dummy Song-I just think it's funny! (Listen here).
  • What a Wonderful World-I just can't help but like it. (Listen here)
  • I'm in the Mood for Love-It makes me feel like dancing! (Listen here)
  • Summertime-He actually sang this as a duet with Ella Fitzgerald. It does remind of summer. (listen here).
  • La Vie En Rose-It's just so....smooth! (Listen here)
  • Dream a Little Dream-It's good to dream. (Listen here)
  • When You're Smiling- It's also good to smile.:) (Listen here)
  • A Kiss to Build a Dream On-Perhaps it doesn't entirely relate to the song's lyrics, but listening to it does remind me of how my parents used to kiss me goodnight as a child and I often felt as though I had better dreams as a result. (Listen here)
  • It Don't Mean a Thing (if it Ain't Got That Swing)- he really did have swing! (Listen here)

No comments:

Post a Comment