Saturday, August 2, 2014

learning how to get down a mountain

My parents decided it would be a good idea to teach all their children how to ski, starting with me at age 5. Not having a lot of depth perception proved to be something of an advantage since I wasn't really scared of how far up I was since I had difficulty judging how far up I really was (all I knew was that I was "high up".) The tricky part was getting down the mountain, especially if there were a lot of people on the mountain because I had a hard time judging how close they were to me. To get over this, (and to stop myself from being scared,) I remember saying to myself  "All you have to do is get down the mountain, you don't have to look pretty doing it, you just  have to get down the mountain." With that idea in mind I gradually got down mountains and now enjoy skiing very much. I started thinking about it again now because there are times when I think about how, even if I'm scared or I have to do something that's hard, I just have to get down the mountain and things will be better. After all, going down a mountain at top speed makes me feel really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment