Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Funny side of being strong!

"You can't really be strong until you see a funny side to things." -Ken Kesey

I like this quote because  at least for me, as long as I can laugh about it I feel like I can get through whatever happens to me. Plus, if something is really hard and I can still find something to laugh about, I know it could be a good story to tell later.  For example, I had to have brain surgery unexpectedly and it was right around the time when I'd been planning to have a party to celebrate the fact that I'd graduated from high school. I told the doctor about it and she and I decided I had to go to that party so she scheduled the surgery immediately and I came out of the hospital the day after and went to the party straight after coming home from the hospital. I don't remember  anything about the party but I have pictures to prove that I was there and that it was fun. I laugh when I think about that, not necessarily because it was funny, I laugh because I'm still happy I was there and that there are pictures of me laughing.  Laughter really is the best medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment