Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hallelujah! Handel's Messiah was finished today!

Today in 1741 George Frideric Handel finished his "Messiah" oratorio, after working on it non-stop for 23 days. (He was extremely dedicated and most likely so tired after all those 23 days I can imagine him shouting "Hallelujah!" once he'd finally finished!-and then falling down in his bed and sleeping.) I sang the Hallelujah chorus with a choir I was part of when I was younger. The way the music sounded with all our voices together, it felt to me like we were singing something greater than ourselves. I think that's a power that music can have-why it can be uplifting. At least for me, music shows me that there's always something more to hope for and to work towards. Whatever music you like listen to or what you decide to do in life, I hope you do something that inspires you to do something even greater! 



No comments:

Post a Comment