Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Day of Joy

"The older you get, the more fragile you understand life to be. I think that's good motivation for getting out of bed joyfully each day. " Julia Roberts
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/juliarober451463.html#T1qxSi3hp81ghAbQ.99

When I think about life being fragile I think about how people tend to be more careful with fragile things and thus find a bit more joy in them. I've come to find there's so much to be joyful about in life. Like today a stranger on the train smiled at me, a co-worker gave me a hug and later I was able to meet up with a group of friends and one of them made a pie for all of us to share. Then, to top it all off, I'm now sitting here and enjoying writing this blog.  These things that happened today may not seem huge but I did find joy in all of them and my life is now better because these things happened. So today ( and every other day I can find nice things happening) is a pretty joyous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment