Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How the Earth expresses itself

"The earth laughs in flowers."-E.E. Cummings

The poet/author/essayist/playwright E.E. Cummings was born today in 1894. I like this quote and it inspired me to write the following.

According to Mr Cummings
The earth laughs in flowers
And to me a warm breeze
Is like a kiss from people I love
Who are now in the clouds watching over me

In winter when it snows and cold is all I know
I think of the flowers and how they come back
Then I feel better despite the nasty weather
Snowmen and sledding suddenly seems more fun that way
And if I can't enjoy that, I can know that even winter ends someday

If the world laughs in flowers it dances with the sun
As do I because let's face it, lovely when it's warm
Of course it's then that the flowers come out
And at that time all seems all right in life
Because the earth has so much beauty as flowers attest!


No comments:

Post a Comment