Sunday, October 19, 2014

If I could have one spy item...

Just because I've been reading (and rather enjoying) some spy novels recently and because spy novelist John le Carre was born today in 1931, I had this thought about how wicked fun it might be just to have one James Bond -spy-type item. I wouldn't really want to spy on anyone because that doesn't do it for me. I just like the idea of having a spy item-it just seems so....well, cool. So getting back to the point, if I could have one spy item I think it would be a  leather belt that conceals a piston hidden behind the buckle that can fire out a rope of up to 75 feet (23 m) of high tensile wire designed to support the weight of an average person. I saw this belt in the movie GoldenEye and I thought it would be a very handy thing to have in case of fires or when one is doing something devious and needs to make a quick getaway! Then again, if I did have such a rope, I'd then have the added problem of trying to get down it without getting rope burn -so there are ups and downs to everything (in this case literally!) While I still like the idea of acquiring something like that, I'm quite satisfied to watch James Bond use it instead. I'd rather not be shaken or stirred I've decided!

No comments:

Post a Comment