Tuesday, October 21, 2014

If I were a thief...

I just finished reading The Book Thief which is about a girl who lives with her adoptive family in Nazi Germany and her adventures growing up (and stealing books of course.) It made me think about a friend of mine and how we used to joke we'd steal one of those cars that they put in malls as prizes for some competition or other. We just thought the idea was really amusing for some reason. No, we didn't steal the car in the end (not least because we hadn't schemed up a good enough plan before she had to go back home to her country when her student exchange program finished. ) Although I like to think of myself as a fairly honest person, in my imaginary idealistic, thieving mind I don't think I'd want to steal a car. Well, to really explain what I'd steal I thought I'd write a poem about it instead.

If I were a thief

If I were an idealistic thief
I'd steal all the sad thoughts in the world
And throw them in the gutter where they belong
And I'd take the tears away for good measure
Just because I could, so there!

If I were a fun thief
I'd steal a Volkswagen beetle
Just because I like how they have flower pots inside them!
And I think I'd take some egg rolls too because I love them
I'd have to do it before my conscious kicks in making me feel so bad I'd give them all back again!

I don't think I'd make a good thief
As it's something I don't really want to be
But there are things I want to have and do
Mainly make the world a bit better
And have loads of fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment