Thursday, October 23, 2014

Putting the fun back in fundraiser!

I just got back from the Disability Policy Consortium's Annual awards dinner/fundraiser and it was..well fun! I thought it was fun because they had good speeches about the things people had achieved and done this past year. I think what I liked best and what I found the most fun was the prize giving. People were given awards for their services helping people with disabilities. I just like seeing people getting recognized for the great things they do.  I think a lot of people don't get recognized that often for all the good things that they do and how much they help others. In short I like unsung heroes the best. Sometimes I think that people who don't want a lot of recognition deserve it the most. Even if they may not seek recognition sometimes I think getting that praise lifts the spirit and perhaps can spark people to do even greater things. In some ways I wish I could give everyone a prize for something good that they did just to show that that good thing is (or should be) appreciated, no matter how small the thing might be. Then again, I suppose if everyone got a prize for things then they wouldn't be as nice. Anyway, I'm still happy for the people that got awards tonight! I want to wish congratulations to Dennis Heaphy from the DPCMA, the MBTA's General Manager-Beverly Scott, and Kim and Brian Charlson for getting awards for their services helping improve the lives of people with disabilities in so many ways. I'm really pleased for all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment