Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The true delight in finding out something nice

"The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing." -Isaac Asimov

I think that when you first find out something wonderful it feels greatest at the moment you first find it out. It is those moments when I've just found out something nice that I remember most. In those happy moments, I remember feeling nothing but joy and hope for the future. Today for example, I was informed that I've been hired full time for a job that I'd been doing for a trial period. I've loved this job and thinking of it makes me think about how nice it is to work. Just to be able to do something well, enjoy it, and  be paid for it so that I can be independent and not have to rely on others for income, is a wonderful feeling.  I'll remember this day and if I find myself feeling a bit under the weather, I'll think of it and be reminded that happy moments can come at the most random moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment