Monday, December 1, 2014

A part of me will always be in Neverland

It's Mary Martin's birthday and that reminds me of a movie musical (which is one of the first musicals I ever saw) called Peter Pan where she played the title character. (Why they always had women play Peter Pan in Broadway productions always confused me but I digress.) There's a lovely song in the musical called "Neverland". Listening to it as a young child was strangely comforting to me somehow. I think it just sounded soothing to me and I liked the idea of thinking of lovely things. Now I'm a bit older I still find the song to be comforting and it reminds me to always keep a place in my heart for dreams because they make life fun and they're a part of me that I think will never grow old because that part of me believes in dreams coming true. That idea gives me something to work towards because it's a wonderful feeling when  things I've hoped would happen actually do happen. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure below is the song I've been talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment