Saturday, December 6, 2014

Driving with a Boston driver can be really fun!

I know that Boston drivers have a rather negative reputation but I just got back from a drive with a "typical Boston driver" (to me a "Boston driver" is called such for their tendency to drive rather aggressively.) However,  I found that driving with hime was actually really fun. Here's why:

  • I was with a group of really fun people: Matt Dawson who was driving, the lovely Sung Yun who was navigating (and a constant source of comedy) and a man who prefers to be know as Sebastian (who was also full of funny comments that made the trip fun.) I find driving anywhere with fun people never fails to be an enjoyable experience.
  • On a number of occasions we drove fast past sidewalks which made water splash everywhere. Even though if I'd been outside the car and the water had splashed on me I'd be slightly irritated. However, as I was in the car, for some reason it made me laugh because it felt a bit like being on a water ride, which seemed amusing at the time.
  • At one point the cars around us all started honking and we couldn't figure out why because we were stopped at a red light and we weren't in a left or right turn only lane. So Matt just started beeping right along with the rest of them. For once hearing a bunch of honking seemed pretty funny. (Although I've found that a lot of things seem funny to me at night when I'm really tired.)
  •  Sung Yun was a great and fun navigator. She also told us about places she'd been and where she wanted to go in the world and how much she wants to help people, which made for stimulating conversation-essential on any car trip.
  • Sebastian (and Matt) made me laugh. Even though I've been known to laugh a lot, I plan to laugh more because laughter makes most situations so much better! 
So now you know how it's possible to have a fun experience with a Boston driver.  I want to take this opportunity to send my love to Matt, Sung Yun, and Sebastian and thank them all for a really nice time. I'm grateful to all of them for giving me a ride home and for being the fun people they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment