Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's Winter Solstice - but I still want to look on the bright side of things anyway

So it's the day of the year with the least amount of sunlight but somehow I can't help thinking of brighter things just because things seem more fun that way, at least to me. Anyway, here are some of the brighter things that really made me smile today.

  • I was listening to the song "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing"  by Stevie Wonder and every time I hear it I can't help but dance a little. I found myself dancing a little down the street like they do in musicals, just because I dang well felt like it!
  • I got my haircut today and I always feel better after getting a haircut. It's nice to feel pretty.
  • I found the movie the Sound of Music randomly being shown on TV and that movie has always made me feel good!
  • I got an e-mail from my parents about the funny things they've been up to which made me laugh.
  • I finally finished Christmas shopping! It's a relief!

I figure as long as I can make a list (even if it's a short one) of good things that happen then I'm doing pretty well. Even if things aren't so bright, listing off the happier things seems sort of like a promise to me (or a promise that I'm making to myself rather,) that things will continue to get brighter as time moves along. So here's to the bright side of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment