Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Some warnings can be funny!

"Never put a sock in a toaster"-Eddie Izzard

Why you would put a sock in a toaster I don't know but when I saw this quote I couldn't help laughing at the mental image that grew in my mind after reading it. Anyway in an attempt to help you laugh here are some other "warning" signs that I've found (after some research).

"Do not turn upside-down."-(warning on the bottom of a TV dinner tray.)-It begs the question-why was the label on the bottom of the tray?
 "Do not use while sleeping." -label on a hairdryer -I guess there must be a lot of sleepwalkers about who use hairdryers.
"Deer crossing next 8 miles." What, do deer give up crossing roads after 8 miles? Then again, I think after 8 miles I'd be tired enough to leave off crossing roads too!
"Not to be used for navigation." -Warning on a napkin with a map of Hilton Head on it.  At least I'm not the only one with no sense of direction!
"Warning: may cause drowsiness." -warning on a packet of sleeping pills-I should jolly well hope so.

On that note, I am actually going to bed (although without the help of the drowsiness-causing sleeping pills.)

Sources: http://www.forbes.com/2011/02/23/dumbest-warning-labels-entrepreneurs-sales-marketing-warning-labels_slide_15.html.
http://rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment