Monday, June 30, 2014
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Minions unite! Ok so maybe stealing the moon didn't quite work out the way we wanted but don't worry I have a brand new plan! (Minions ooh and ahh) Instead of stealing the moon, this time we steal.... drum roll please (Minions start stomping their feet loudly) a SPACESHIP! (Minions cheer excitedly). Yes! We'll steal the model spaceship from the museum down the street! (Minions say oh looking disappointed) Aw, come on, cheer up! If we pull off the space ship heist then we'll steal those bumper cars from the fair that you all love so much. That way you can bump into each other day long...or at least until I figure out what to steal next! (Minions cheer excitedly and start celebrating.)
Maybe I let my imagination run away a bit there but at least I now have Minions to run away with me!
Saturday, June 28, 2014
Today is Mel Brooks' birthday and I think he's right in saying comedy is everywhere. I find I laugh at least once every day, whether it's about something on the radio or TV or something someone says or does, I just like finding that funny thing to laugh at. My challenge to you is to find a way to laugh every day. To help you on this quest here is a joke:
Two physicists are traveling in a hot-air balloon and suddenly realize that they're lost. They shout down to a guy in the meadow, "Where are we?"
The guy thinks for a bit and then replies, "You're in a hot-air balloon."
One physicist says to the other, "Well, he's definitely a mathematician."
"Why do you say that?"
"Well first of all, he took a while to think up a response. Second of all, his answer is logical. Third of all, it's completely useless."
Friday, June 27, 2014
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done." Helen Keller
Helen Keller was born today in 1880. I like her statement above because I think it's meant to help excite people into not listening to anyone who says you can't do something good that you really want to do. Don't let the bastards grind you down! If you want something badly enough, go for it! I'm rooting for you because I have faith in you and I know that you can do whatever good thing it is that you want to do!
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Everything is more fun when its done with a group. I don't condone doing potentially harmful things but I am all for having new experiences that may be a tad dangerous but can be fun and/or lead to positive results. I hope that if you take risks you do it with a friend. At the very least it ensures that someone is there to take pictures/tell stories about these adventures-everything gets better in the retelling!
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
The second story I read was about a woman who is a crossing guard in Newtown Connecticut dances and plays music when she's directing traffic. I think every day should involve a little dancing as an expression of happiness. Plus it clearly makes others feel good which is an added bonus!
Monday, June 23, 2014
I love the beach so much
Because I like watching the waves
And the birds go by
There's something soothing about it
I like hearing little kids shout
As the waves go in and out
Sometimes going in the water is fun too
Although I have to admit it is ruddy cold!
I like the picnics and digging in the sand
And looking for shells to take home
And holding starfish in my hand
It's just nice to do things like that
So these things are why I like the beach so much
I feel at peace there because it's fun
And people are happy and it's a place where life is particularly good
What's not to love?
Sunday, June 22, 2014
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough-Marvin Gaye- I'm a big fan of rocking out and singing in the car, just because I can, and this song is great to rock out to. Plus it's about traveling to someone you love (or at least telling them you'll always be there for them.)
- I Will Survive-I like rocking out to this song as well and sometimes on long car trips when I think the trip will never end, it's a fun way to say to myself that yes, I will indeed survive!
- I want you back -I like listening to it when I'm going to visit a friend or family member because to me it's about going back to someone who loves you. (I like listening to Colbie Callat's version best for some reason-although the Jackson 5 version is nice too.)
- Leaving Hogwarts-I always liked Harry Potter and this song makes me think of him going on the train so I like it.
- Home to me-Josh Kelly Just because everyone should have someone to come home to. Whether it's a pet or a person, it's always nice to have a welcoming party!
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
There are things I like doing again and again
Like telling people I love them
Just so I'm very sure they'll never forget
Because love is something that shouldn't be forgotten
I like listening to songs over and over too
Especially happy ones that make me smile
Now those are songs I don't mind getting stuck in my head
There are some songs worth playing on repeat like that
I like rereading books I've read
Because with each read I find out interesting plot twists that missed before
I also like going back to places I've been sometimes
Because I see so much more in going back there than I once did
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about new experiences too
But there's also a part of me that loves history-everything has a past
And sometimes it's good to look back
Because however far I go, it's always lovely to come home again!
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Riding in a bathtub down some stairs. (Ok I only wanted to do it because I saw a cartoon character do it and it looked fun-I don't really want to do it in reality as it probably would cause me more bodily harm than I'd care to experience!)
- Getting a lifetime supply of trail mix. I don't want to gorge myself on it because that would spoil all the fun. I'd just like the satisfaction of knowing I could have it on hand whenever I wanted it! Plus it would be good for disaster situations as in a pinch I think I could live off the stuff depending on what's in the mix.
- Figuring out how to strap enough helium balloons to a chair (with a safety belt of course) so that it flies a short distance.
- Riding on a flying trapeze- I like the idea of being able to fly through the air-as long as there's a thick safety net underneath it! It looks fun-maybe I'll actually do this someday.
- Flying into space-I think seeing the earth from a distance is probably is really beautiful. Plus I'd like to be able to float, now that would be fun!
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Hooray for awesome elephants and the World Cup of course!
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
If you are interested in listening to the actual song, see below
Monday, June 16, 2014
(Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/happy_2.html#pWxYHsxtwzAWz2Bc.99)
Sunday, June 15, 2014
- What a Day for a Day Dream-Lovin Spoonful-I was in the car with my Dad once and this song came on the radio and he started singing away to it and I couldn't help joining in. (Listen here)
- Smooth-Santana (feat. Rob Thomas)-My dad was working on an old British sports car (one of his hobbies is buying old cars and fixing them up so they're like new-he's really good at it!) outside our house and listening to this song on CD - since then I've found that I've liked that song more because of this. (Listen here).
- The Hunting Song -Tom Lehrer-I think at one point it was used as the theme song for the Red Green Show which is this most excellent TV program from Canada. My dad likes to hunt and I just think the song is really funny. (Listen here.)
- The James Bond Theme-My Dad has always liked James Bond movies. Plus, I think the music is classy and I think my Dad is classy too! (Listen here).
- You Go To My Head-Louis Armstrong-My Dad has always liked jazz music and this song makes me think of my parents in general as they're always in my heart. (Listen here).
Happy Father's Day everyone! To my Dad: I love you ever so much.
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Pure Imagination -life is so much better with a lot of imagination in it!
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Anne Frank was born today in 1929. I like her and I suppose many do because she was so positive despite living in difficult circumstances. She shows me even now that happiness can be found anywhere. The fact that sometimes I have to really search for happiness somehow makes it seem that much better when I find something to feel good about. Like today, it was raining but then the sun came out and I actually did feel better. Something like that, that might seem so small on any other day, is literally a bright spot in my life. I like finding beauty in everyday things. Plus, there's always the hope for other things yet to come and all that keeps me going. With those things in mind I am indeed happy!
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
I like this quote and since ti's all about things that make life worth living, it got me thinking about other things that I feel like I must have in my life. The list is as follows:
- My family and friends, my dog, and people in general-I don't know where I'd be without you as I care about all of you so very much.
- God-I like believing that something is watching out for us, it makes me feel good inside.
- Music (especially by Train, Bobby Darin, American Authors, Norah Jones, Stevie Wonder, Chopin, Beethoven, and of course the song "Happy" by Pharrell Williams!)
- A wind-up radio-if all else fails at least I can listen to it!
- Some good books to read (on tape or in print it doesn't matter, I just like reading!)
- Dark chocolate-hey-it's good for you! It's got vitamin something-or-other in it!
- Tea and/or hot chocolate-they're nice to wake up to in the mornings.
- Dancing-it's just so....fun!
- At least one nice dress/outfit-just so I can have a sense of satisfaction (at least in my head) that people are wondering where I'm going, because I am indeed going places!
- This blog-because I love it!
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Monday, June 9, 2014
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" – Robert H. Schuller
To me the quote above is kind of like a challenge of sorts. I've decided right here, right now, just because, that I'm going to do my best to live each day with the idea in my head that I can't fail in doing whatever I intend to do. It's true that things might not turn out exactly the way I want but at the very least I'll know that I did my best. After all, my best is something I know for sure that I can always do!
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Saturday, June 7, 2014
|Photo from: http://preview.tinyurl.com/q28v4kn|
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
If you are interested in reading the article I've discussed in this post please follow this link: .http://www.biomedcentral.com/
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Monday, June 2, 2014
|Me wearing my new scarf taking a selfie with my good friend Kathryn|
Sunday, June 1, 2014
I've found this quote to have a lot of truth in it. I know that when I'm going through something that isn't so easy, being able to go through support from other people makes things a great deal easier. Just the presence of a friend either in person or through messages or phone calls, has made all the difference t my life, especially in times that seemed less bright than others. I've been very lucky in that I've always had support from many people to help me with everything I've done and everything I have faced in my life. I may not be able to physically walk with you dear reader but I believe that I am with people I care about, in spirit because I feel that people I care about (including you) are always in my heart. So if you are facing something that is difficult please know that I am thinking of you and I want you t know that you aren't alone. I believe in you and whatever it is that you're dealing with, in my heart I feel that we all have so much strength in us and so I believe you can and will get through this difficulty. I wish you the very best.