Thursday, January 15, 2015

A goal for this blog

"The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one." Martin Luther King, Jr. (Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/martin_luther_king_jr_3.html#ZC7bg3l1mU2T8RrV.99)

Martin Luther King Jr. was born today and I found this quote by him that I really like. For as long as I can remember every time someone did something nice for me I really have wanted to do give them something back in return. There are so many gifts I've received that I can never repay. I do wish I could do something greater and so I try and do things like keep this blog, as a means of doing something good and something that can pay tribute to the people I love and the people that have helped make me who I am.  In giving back through this blog I hope that maybe something I write touches someone else. I hope it touches their lives for the better and maybe even help them to want to do good things for others. In short, if this blog is a good thing, my hope in writing it is that greater things come because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment