Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow day

There was record snow fall today in Massachusetts and it got me thinking about how some of my favorite memories as a kid happened when it snowed. As I'm from Michigan it makes sense because it does tend to snow quite a bit in winter.  There's a hill by the house where I grew up that always seemed really big to me and my sister and brother and I used to sled down it and there was a bump at the bottom and I always felt like I was flying when we hit that bump. I also liked making snow forts, I just liked the idea that something I constructed could stay standing for an extended period of time.  Now I'm a bit older I still remember those times and however cold it gets, in remembering the good things that happened in snow, I smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment