Tuesday, January 20, 2015

State Of My Union

I feel like people are sort of like countries we to govern ourselves, we have boundaries and we have to find ways to get along with each other. In that spirit (and as President Obama will be giving his State of the Union tonight) I thought it might be good to take stock of the state of my life as well and what I want for the rest of this year.  So here are some thoughts:

This year my little world is doing pretty well
And I intend to keep it that way and even do better!
I want to focus on enjoying the moment and how happy I feel
And store up that happiness for when I'm really in need

I want to keep on helping other people and be more active in doing so
Whether it's through donating, or through my words and my work
I'd really like to keep helping people to have more hope
Because even when life is difficult I want to help people know there's always hope

I'd like to continue to grow in my job and do good work that matters
That helps someone else get the things they need to be healthy
I want to try new projects and reach out to more people
Not just maintain the status quo but go beyond what I know!

I'd like to love more and meet even more people
Because I have a lot of love in me that I want to give
And the farther it spreads the bigger love gets!
I think love is the best thing there is

So that's my State Of My Union Address
I might not accomplish it all in one year
But I'll work at it and I'll get it done
I know whatever happens I'll find a way to have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment